MANILA, Philippines – Superstar Nora Aunor in the film, “Thy Womb”, has once again captured the eye of international thespians as she becomes a contender for Best Actress in Russia’s 3rd Sakhalin International Film Festival, “On the Edge (new name.)”
“Thy Womb” has already won for Nora Aunor and Director Brillante Mendoza several international awards. The other films in the competition are:
• “The Geographer Drank His Globe Away” of Russia directed byAlexander Veledinsky
• “Harmony Lessons” of Kazakhstan-Germany and France, directed by Emir Baigazin
• “A Long and Happy Life” of Russia, directed by Boris Khlebnikov
• “Pipeline” of Russia-Czech Republic and Germany, directed by Vitali Mansky
• “Capturing Dad” of Japan, directed by Ryota Nakano
• “With You, Without You” by Sri Lanka-India, directed by Prasanna Vithanage
• “Nobody’s Daughter Haewon” by South Korea, directed by Hong Sang-soo
• “Karaoke Girl” by Thailand and the USA, directed by Visra Vichit Vadakan
According to the organizers of the Sakhalin International Film Festival, “On the Edge”, the motto for the event is:
“Unique places, unique experience, and unique characters – this is the motto of Sakhalin International Film festival of Asian Cinema.”
The distinguished jury includes:
• Russian actress Victoria Tolstoganova
• Japanese producer Jiro Shindo
• Russian Director and actor Yevgeni Grishkovets
• Chinese actor -screenwriter Jia Zhangke
• Russian director Pavel Chukhray
Pavel Chukhray would act as president of the Jury.
Once more, SuperstarNora Aunor would compete on the world stage on August 23-30 2013 in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk for the Best Actress Award of the competition, which would feature more than a 100 films during the 7-day affair. There are 9 films from 10 different countries competing for the awards given by the Sakhalin International Film Festival.
Guy, Nora Aunor’s nickname to fans, would represent the Philippines, and whether she wins or not, she is still the Philippines’ one and only multi-awarded superstar.
Nora Aunor is set to receive two awards, as well, on August 23, 2013, from the Young Critics Circle as Best Performer, and on August 29, 2013, from the University of the Philippines – Diliman, as the GAWAD TANGLAW Best Actress.
At her golden age, Guy is still busy as ever in the entertainment industry with various upcoming projects such as, a team-up with Tirso Cruz III (Pip), a new movie, and a reported plan for a concert on her next birthday.